On the day of the test candidates will be required to present an original identification document (in which the photograph is recognisable as a likeness of them as they are on the day of the test). The only acceptable documents are:
- a current passport, or
- a current, photo-bearing driver’s licence (learner's permit, probationary or full licence), or
- a current, photo-bearing Australian Keypass / Australian Proof of Age Card, or
- a current, photo-bearing New Zealand 18+ Card, or
- a current EU/EEA National Identity Card
- a current Irish Public Services Card
No other form of identification will be accepted. Candidates that do not have one of these forms of identification should allow enough time to organise one before the test date. Some of these identification documents can take approximately one month to obtain. Digital formats of identification, photocopies of documents, student ID cards or expired documents are not accepted.
The date of birth, first and last name in the identification document used on the test day must match the Admission Ticket details.
If candidates do not present one of the above approved identification documents, together with their printed Admission Ticket, they will not be able to sit GAMSAT and their registration fee will be forfeited.